Everyone loves hardwood floors. They are just stunningly beautiful and give your house that authentic feeling of a home. Despite their being cold in winter (nothing a rug can’t solve), hardwood floors add a warm feeling to your house. That is, as long as you take care of them. And care is something hardwood floors need if they are to maintain the shine you love so much.
This is why you need to invest in the best hardwood floor cleaner.
Taking proper care of your hardwood floor doesn’t just make it look good, it also prolongs your floor, saving you from massive maintenance costs down the road. But before we get to the hardwood cleaners of choice, let’s briefly look at how to clean your hardwood floor.
How to Clean Hardwood Floors – The Easy Way
Cleaning your hardwood floor is not as difficult as it may seem. Producing that glimmering finish is as easy as following a few steps – and having a cleaning routine. Proper cleaning tools and chemicals are essential to keeping your floor spotless and prolong its life. Here are 5 simple tips to get you started.
1. Sweep your floors often with a soft-bristled broom. Never use a hard bristled broom as it can scratch your floor.
2. Vacuum your floors at least once a week to get rid of sand and dirt. Take extra precautions when using the vacuum as the wheels, hard-bristle brushes, and other components of the vacuum can damage your floor.
3. Mop your floor regularly. And when you mop, never use water as it can seep through the seams and ruin your beautiful floor. Instead, spray a light mist of hardwood floor cleaner and mop using a close to dry damp mop. One thing you need to know is that normal mopping just pushes dirt around the floor. Using a good hardwood floor cleaner (like Bona Hardwood Floor cleaner) dissolves the dirt and grime and makes it easy to mop up.
4. If you are to move furniture around, make sure to completely lift it off the floor, never drag it around. A good tip would be to use furniture pads under your furniture’s legs.
5. Have a regular cleaning routine to help you keep your floor at its best – at all times.
6 Simple But Necessary Tips on Caring for Your Hardwood Floor
Cleaning your hardwood floor is only one part of keeping your floor looking great, you need to have some preventive measures in place to avoid scratches and other kinds of damage to your floor. Here are a few tips to help prolong your hardwood floors luster.
1. Consider a rug for high traffic areas. Shoes can be your floors worst enemy, especially since they pick up a few things on the way home. Placing a rug in high traffic areas will protect your floor from being scratched by such objects under the shoes.
2. Install floor mats at all entrances to ensure dirt from the bottom shoes doesn’t come in.
3. Vacuum rugs often to prevent dirt from filtering through and scratching the wood underneath.
4. If possible, have a “no heavy shoes or heels” policy in areas of your house where you have hardwood floors installed.
5. Wipe off any spills – fast. Your hardwood floors worst enemy is water (or any liquid) as they can cause serious damage to your floor.
6. Never use vinegar or ammonia-based cleaners on your floor. Their acidity can damage your floors finish, dulling it in the process.
The Best Hardwood Floor Cleaners – The Top 2
Now that you know how to take care of your hardwood floor, it’s best we look at the best hardwood floor cleaners you can use to clean your floor with. There are many products to choose from and picking the right one can be a slippery task. Here are the 2 best hardwood cleaners you can trust with your floor
1. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
When it comes to hardwood floor cleaning, Bona is the name to rely on. The epitome of tough but gentle if you may. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner is a non-toxic spray that your floor will love – because it loves your floors. Unlike other cleaning products, it won’t dull your floors but rather gives it a new look – just as if your floor has been refinished. It’s a small wonder it’s highly recommended by hardwood floor manufacturers and installers.
2. Bruce Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Bruce Hardwood Cleaner is an awesome product for all polyurethane hardwood floors. Not only does it give your floor that extra shine, but it also gives your floor that extra touch of love by preserving the wood’s finish.
Time to Give Your Floor a New Shine
Armed with this information, it is time to give your floor the tender loving care it deserves. The proper choice of hardwood cleaners will give your floor a new shine that your visitors won’t help but notice. Let’s get shining.